Plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery are closely related specialties but are not the same. Though both the surgical specialties are primarily dedicated to the reconstruction, enhancement or improvisation of the human body, albeit their underlying philosophies, training, research, and goals are completely distinct.
Plastic surgery is a surgical speciality which involves the restoration, reconstruction, or modification of the defects in the human body due to any birth disorder, trauma, burns or diseases. It primarily focuses on reconstructing /repairing dysfunctional areas of the body and basically includes reconstructive surgery, craniofacial surgery, hand surgery, microsurgery and the treatment of burns. We can hence say that it is being used for repairing defects to reconstruct /restore a body part’s normal functioning.
Examples of plastic surgery procedures are:
- Breast Reconstruction post mastectomy or trauma.
- Burn Repair Surgery.
- Congenital Defect Repair: Cleft Palate, Extremity Defect Repair.
- Lower Extremity Reconstruction.
- Hand Surgery.
- Scar Revision Surgery.
This surgical speciality is primarily dedicated to enhancing the appearance of a particular body part which is although functioning properly and hence is an elective procedure.
Cosmetic surgery thus comprises of surgical procedures/techniques to enhance patient’s appearance and can be performed on head, neck and all areas of the body.
The objective of cosmetic surgery is to improve aesthetic appeal by improvising symmetry and proportion of body parts through various techniques.
Some of the most common body parts that people want to improvise through cosmetic surgery are:
- Breasts: Proliferation or reduce the size of breasts or reshape floppy breasts
- Ears: correct the size of large ears or set expanded ears back closer to the head
- Eyes: Fix baggy upper eyelids or eradicate puffy bags below the eyes
- Face: Eliminate facial wrinkles, crinkles or acne scars
- Hair: Fill in balding parts with one’s own hair
- Nose: Modification of the shape of nose
- Tummy: Flatten the belly
Cosmetic surgery can take care of such issues and deliver optimal results if performed by a certified cosmetic surgeon.
Examples of a few cosmetic surgery procedures are:
- Breast Enhancement: Augmentation, Lift, Reduction
- Facial Contouring: Rhinoplasty, chin or Cheek Augmentation
- Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift
- Body Contouring: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia Treatment
- Skin Rejuvenation: Laser Resurfacing, Botox, Filler Treatments
We are one of the best plastic and cosmetic surgery center dedicated to complete transformation of your looks as per your requirements. Under the able guidance of our best plastic and cosmetic surgeon in Siliguri who has an expertise in the field of plastic and cosmetic surgery, we can indeed help you turn your dream, of a perfect and flawless appearance, into reality.